A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Playing games

  • ardmore
  • ardmore's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
21 Nov 22 #520231 by ardmore
Topic started by ardmore
I have been split with Mrs now for 4 years and still trying to get my divorce progressed .Wife has refused mediation ,changed solicitors and refuses to answer any communications until I send a solicitors letter to her -she then says I am threatening her etc
The original verbal agreement was is that I get to see the kids at the weekend -they do not stay over.I work offshore so my time with them is very limited .Until recently I used to send my two girls aged 7 and 11 messages on a ipad and also some nightly calls. She has now turned the phone off or it goes straight to answer machine and I know that she is reading the girls messages at 2 am in morning etc
She refuses to answer any i-messages but reads them

She is doing everything she can possible to block contact and make things difficult and knows that this is a head game with me when I am offshore - this is the only thing that keeps me going and my mental health in place.
I don't want to go to court yet but whats my options ?
She is doing my head in

Thanks for any advice

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
22 Nov 22 #520237 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
I take it there are no court orders in place, and that your previous agreement was on a voluntary basis?

Has there been any events or circumstances that might have triggered your ex's response, and lead her to preventing your children from spending time with you?

It's important to not let this current situation go on for too long - not only would a new status quo be established, but it can be harder to reinstate contact if there has been a long period of no contact prior to a court application.

If you have a solicitor, could s/he write to her, offering mediation to talk through the issues and to find a working solution? I'd also suggest that in the same letter, it is made clear that if she doesn't start communicating with a view to reinstating your children's time with you, then you will have no option but to apply to court. If you don't have a solicitor, then you could write the letter yourself - send it recorded delivery, and give her a timeframe in which to respond to.

You could then start preparing your C100 - that's the application form for a Child Arrangements Order. You would also need to attend a MIAM, a initial mediation session before being able to apply - unless you are exempt. Our guide to the online C100 can be found here - divorce.wikivorce.com/guides-children/ho...ides/c100-guide.html

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11