A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form Ex160

  • schloer
  • schloer's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
09 Aug 13 #403762 by schloer
Topic started by schloer
Can anyone shed light on form Ex160'' I believe this is the form to use to get fee remission on a sliding scale depending on your wages/money coming into the household budget.

As I am claiming working tax credits, I believe I am entitled to full fee remission.

When I get my up to date proof from the working tax department, I will be going to the court to get financial remedy paperwork, my next step in my divorce.

Can anyone advise me, do i have the correct information, am I correct in assuming this form will cover the fees relating to Financial Remedy.

Thanks in advance,

  • u6c00
  • u6c00's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Aug 13 #403777 by u6c00
Reply from u6c00
The criteria for automatic full fee remission is that you get working tax credits but NOT child tax credits. This is because your income will already have been assessed as low by HMRC to qualify for WTC so there''s no need for HMCTS to do it again.

If this is the case then fill in part 1 with some evidence from the last 4 weeks of your tax credits claim and you should be good to go.

If you receive child tax credits as well then you''ll have to fill in either part 2 or part 3, depending on how you want you income to be considered.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
09 Aug 13 #403780 by dukey
Reply from dukey
From what the solicitors are saying unless you don''t work and have no money these applications are being rejected.

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Aug 13 #403802 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
if you look at the form on the court website it sets out, in the leaflet, what the criteria are.

You may be entitled to full remission or to a partial reducion, depaending on your cirumstances.

It is possible to be eligable even if you are working, however, the courts do apply the rules very strictly in terms of the evidence of your means which you muct provide, so make sure that you read the form carefully and provide all of the documents required. These do need to be completely up to date and to be originals.

Most of the rejections I see are whether people have not sent all of the required documetns or have sent out of date documents.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.