A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Court fees Exemption

  • NeedSomeHelp2
  • NeedSomeHelp2's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
10 Sep 13 #406816 by NeedSomeHelp2
Topic started by NeedSomeHelp2
My ex divorced me on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour after she committed adultery.

The Decree Nisi stated that I had to pay her the court fees.

I am on benefits and so exempted from said court fees so do I have to pay her?

As an aside; I am sure she never actually paid them anyway as she would have also been exempt.

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Sep 13 #407469 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
The exemption applies to the person paying them to the court.

The court order is for you to reimburse your ex for the costs that she has incurred therefore the exemption does not apply to you.

It therefore follows that if your ex was exempt from paying the fees, you do not have to reimburse her for these.

Any solicitor''s fees that your ex incurred in divorcing you will also be payable by you.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.