A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

How to claim costs against ex

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Nov 13 #413714 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
I understand your reason for hanging on but if the costs order has been rescinded in error you should challenge this as soon as possible otherwise you are likely to lose your chance.

The middle ground would be to write to the court querying the ex parte application and ask why you were not given notice of the application. This at least gives some notice to the court that something is afoot rather than raise the issue after months have drifted by.


  • bulldog
  • bulldog's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Nov 13 #413715 by bulldog
Reply from bulldog
Okay. I will apply now. Thanks for the advice.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.