A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

application for a fee remission

  • treaclepie
  • treaclepie's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
24 Nov 13 #414570 by treaclepie
Topic started by treaclepie
I need some help with a application for a fee a fee remission. I just want it to be clarified how to fill in the details for remission 2-full or part remission based on gross monthly income. Do I add the last three months up and put the divided figure in it on the gross total monthly income?

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Nov 13 #414599 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
form EX160a is the guidance on fee remission and is available here: hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/Get...?court_forms_id=4396

Looking at the form it asks on page 19 that you do the following:

If you apply under Remission 2 you must give the court or tribunal evidence of your gross monthly income. Gross monthly income is your total income from any and all sources for the month preceding your fee remission application

You have to provide 3 months of wage slips to prove that you consistently receive around the same wage. There is no suggestion of providing average income information though.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.