A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

HELP! EX160 form - totally confused

  • hammymommy4
  • hammymommy4's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
08 Jul 15 #463899 by hammymommy4
Topic started by hammymommy4
Am filling out the above form to send in with the divorce petition forms. I am the applicant, my ex is the respondent and it''s a two year no contest separation. I''m applying for a remission but don''t know which one it is - full or full/part.

I''m on a low income (16 hours a week), in receipt of working tax and child tax credit, child benefit, and a mutually agreed sum of "maintenance" from the ex.

Is Universal Tax Credit (as stated in Question 5 - Full remission) the same as Working Tax Credit? or do I have to fill in Question 6 (full or part remission based on gross monthly income) instead?

Thanks in advance.


  • Sandro
  • Sandro's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
13 Feb 18 #499580 by Sandro
Reply from Sandro
i have the same problem Joanne
Also do you fill in only one column? what about the column where it says:partner?

  • Deborah66
  • Deborah66's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Feb 18 #499594 by Deborah66
Reply from Deborah66
Do you have the most up to date EX160 Form, here is the link to the most up to date Form


@hammymommy4 - on the EX160 the court determines whether full or part remission, there is no box to tick?

If you are in receipt of Universal Credit with less than £6,000 year income, as per section 9, you don't fill in the information about your income in section 11, you just go to contact details and then sign.

@ you only fill in partner details if you live with someone as husband and wife who shares your expenses, eg. if you have a new partner.

Best Wishes

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.