A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Losing the will the Live v.6

  • WikiMonkey
  • WikiMonkey's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
13 Mar 21 #516081 by WikiMonkey
Topic started by WikiMonkey
Hi posted my case before. im told its simple. Im being petitioned for divorce. less than 5 yrs relationship of which less than 1 yr marriage (7mths), no assets accumulated, no kids, no marital home, though in principle a marital home was bought from money I transferred to my wife 3 weeks or so before separation and she wanted 50%, then 40%, now 70%- no it doesnt make sense.

Im fed up and speak with my solicitor -AGAIN- on Monday. what happens here? my exwife has apparently spent £2.2k on fees, ive spent almost £9k... shes been working constantly, ive not earned a penny and amassed debts due to mental illness.

When Ive offered to waive loans and some of this money and given my final offer and shes then increased her offer... its plain we're not getting anywhere. She sacked her last solicitor likely because she didnt like what she'd been told, i.e. my offer was fair, as it was far greater than fair, and I should get most of my contribution back, less than 5 yrs, return of contribtution etc.

what now? instead of her taking me to court, do I take her to court?! this is truely ridiculous thanks

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
13 Mar 21 #516085 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Represent yourself and all it will cost is court fees and your time. You can get plenty of advice on here.

  • WikiMonkey
  • WikiMonkey's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
13 Mar 21 #516087 by WikiMonkey
Reply from WikiMonkey
I've been told by my solicitor she would not recommend that, and that i could appoint a barrister who can undertake both functions, solicitor and barrister, for £5-10k... its neve the lower estimate is it lets face it. Ive £78k at stake.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.