A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

living HELL

  • s nellie
  • s nellie's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Feb 22 #518905 by s nellie
Topic started by s nellie
i have been in the process of divorcing my STBx since 2017 due to his refusal to engage. i am a LIP - after receiving the Decree Nisi and panicking thinking he was not going to be able to have half it not all of my finances (which are nothing but equity in the home and my small pension) he decided to get a solicitor. i have sent him a financial settlement proposal with a deadline of today - after continuing to delay and delay asking irrelevant questions after the financial exchange he has again refused to respond to the proposal (another delay) until i answer a question about the house valuation (which i have already answered previously). this is another way to try and maintain control over me with this constant delay can i request from the courts that he pay the court costs?

can i proceed with the absolute as the day to apply is today and i need to end this marriage as a matter of urgency for my own mental health.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.