A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

''Self Regulating'' Final Order broken: what next??

  • QPRanger
  • QPRanger's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Jul 12 #343418 by QPRanger
Topic started by QPRanger

the order made at our final hearing was made over 3 weeks ago: my stbx has failed to comply with pretty much everything that was ordered by the judge. :(

Now when he verbally stated his rulings he kept saying that it was ''self-regulating'' so my question is what do I do now that the order has been broken?

My solicitor was seemingly relying on his remaining £4k bill being paid from the sale proceeds of the FMH, as the order didn''t enforce this he now appears to be only concerned with getting his outstanding bill out of me and is providing no further assistance with this so I need to deal with this myself.

My FMH is now subject to repo proceedings due to the order being broken so I need to move quickly: has anyone got any ideas??

Many thanks!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.