A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Producing Evidence

  • Adgjl
  • Adgjl's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
25 Jan 23 #520508 by Adgjl
Topic started by Adgjl
I have been asked by the court to produce evidence of me not having legal advice at the time of separation. This is in relation to a separation deed that I signed without legal advice.The other party is trying to rely on this deed.

How do I produce proof of not having legal advice?

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Jan 23 #520516 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
You can't really prove a negative. However, if the other wise wrote to you about the settlement you can use the exchange of letters/communications as proof.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.