A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

dropping the solicitor Notice of acting?

  • eileen1940
  • eileen1940's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 Jan 08 #11043 by eileen1940
Topic started by eileen1940
My divorce settlement has been agreed and I have a Consent Order and due to problems with the solicitor I have used I wish to self represent myself in order to finish the matter off. Please could someone advise me whether I need to file a Notice of Acting and if so does anyone have a precedent they can email to me? Would be grateful for your help many thanks.

  • Vail
  • Vail's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jan 08 #11056 by Vail
Reply from Vail

You need a Notic of Acting in Person to send to the court, the other party (or their solicitor) and to your solicitor who will then also inform the court that they have been legally discharged.

I have one somewhere but can't find it at the moment. If I do I'll post up the reference.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11