A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Court / Solicitor / Help needed please

  • Easteregg
  • Easteregg's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
05 Jun 12 #335197 by Easteregg
Topic started by Easteregg
Please can anyone offer advice. I am in court next week for the first financial hearing, and also applying for spouse maintenance. My solicitor has not yet sent in a questionaire regarding my stbx form E, I wasnt asked by him to do an affidavit, although the court has asked me to send one in with my form E, which also went into court late. (Not due to any fault on my part) He hasnt sent in a statement of issues yet, or a chronology. Last Friday he sent me an email asking me to write some questions down, and what I thought of my stbx''s questions. I am now on legal aid and he is pushing me to settle asap. He is also telling me that he is instructing a barrister for the hearing as he has other court commitments even though he knew about the date in February. :unsure:What would you advise me to do!! Thank you.

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Jun 12 #335930 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
What sort of affidavit? They''re very rarely used in finance proceedings these days. He should really be advising on the questions, as well as seeking your input. You should really have a meeting with him to discuss the questionnaire properly.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.