A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need legal advice on a fair financial settlement?

We offer a consultation with experienced family solicitor for a low fixed fee. You will receive legal advice and a written report outlining your legal position and setting out what a fair settlement would look like based on your individual circumstances.


  • sharon
  • sharon's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 May 07 #214 by sharon
Topic started by sharon
tryed the calculater in the income section do i put the benefits i recive,since we split i have had to claim houseing benefit and incapacity benefit as he has not given me any cash, im not sure if i put in what my rent is or the ammount i will have to put towards it any help would be gratfully recived

  • wikivorce team
  • wikivorce team's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
11 May 07 #218 by wikivorce team
Reply from wikivorce team

Unfortunately this early version of the calculator is not really able to manage cases where benefits play a big part.

This area is complex because the benefits you have now may be lost once a Spousal Maintenance award is made - because you then have an income.

You could try this:
- work out which benefits you are sure you will still be entitled to if he has to pay you maintenance.
- enter these benefits as your income.
- if you will still get assistance with rent once you are receiving maintenance then you just need enter the amount you have to contribute.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.