A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Partner 7yrs separated. Absolute straight away?

  • Queeny
  • Queeny's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 May 12 #332760 by Queeny
Topic started by Queeny

Hi, My partner has been separated 7years. He''s got some forms to fill in for divorce but he thinks he can apply straight away for the Absolute with it being such a long time or he can apply for Nisi and absolute together and not have to wait the 6wks 1 day thing from Nisi. Can anyone advise if this is true?


  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
24 May 12 #332762 by dukey
Reply from dukey
He couldn''t be more wrong if he thought shell suits were cool, the process is the same regardless of the reason for divorce, the Nisi is granted after some forms are completed, a few actually, once the respondent has replied the judge will consider the applications and grant the nisi providing all the forms are correct, then and only then will the nisi be granted, once it is then he must wait six weeks and one day before making application for Decree Absolute.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.