A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

DIY divorce and international element

  • ukboy75
  • ukboy75's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
08 Jan 17 #487272 by ukboy75
Topic started by ukboy75
I am the applicant. stbx was a fraud who used me for entry into UK.So,I did the right things and did what I was supposed to do,that's why she is back to her home country (non european )

I started DIY div and financial order in UK court.I am on JSA.
She received the first Petition sent to her residence ,she indicated by some sign but didn't acknowledge either to me or to court.

She most probably repeated the same and received 2nd one sent to her work address.But again didn't send the acknowledgement.

I knew she wouldn't.

Now she is in her country and will not come back.

What do I need to do to further process my case?

I know I have to serve both documents personally and have to contact lawyer in her country who would serve the same documents there on my behalf.

I want to know how should I do it?Do I tell the UK court that she is in her country?
And should I seek permission from court to serve documents in her country instructing lawyer in her country?

do i need to seek permission from UK court or can I do it on my own ?
after all onus to serve documents is mine. isn't it?

I need good guidance and I am sorry I cant afford any fee because I am on JSA. So,please if anyone can help me I shall be greatly thankful.

The only thing I maximum fear is that Judge in UK doesn't refuse or cancel my case stating that I should start proceedings abroad now because I also got married in her country.I must tell I am a British Citizen

And is it an easy process to instruct lawyer in her country directly ?
or is it some other cumbersome process ?

Once I get to know the person advising,I will share more details or country etc.

  • cooldaddy
  • cooldaddy's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 Jan 17 #487278 by cooldaddy
Reply from cooldaddy
Do you have children? I am also trying to send a fraud ex back home, but it falls on deaf ears as we had children in the marriage.

  • ukboy75
  • ukboy75's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 Jan 17 #487376 by ukboy75
Reply from ukboy75

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11