A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

divorced still in house

  • ebo289
  • ebo289's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 Sep 12 #354981 by ebo289
Topic started by ebo289

I can now apply for the Decree Absolute but my x husband will not leave the house. Is there anything that i can do. We had only been married 5 years and he is now claiming that he is entitled to half my savings because of his needs. He works part time as was made redundant.We have a 3 yr old daughter and it is affecting her


  • Lostboy67
  • Lostboy67's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
10 Sep 12 #354989 by Lostboy67
Reply from Lostboy67
Hi Ebo,
Welcom to wiki but sorry you find yourself here.
I assume that currently you have your Nisi, but not the concent order (financial stuff) or Absolute.
It is usual to wait for the concent order to be signed prior to the Absolute, but they can be done in the other order.

With out knowing all the financial position its impossible to say if he does have some claim on your savings. Your marriage is sadly quite short and you also have a child who, you will have at least partial care ir not majority care of so these are all part of your needs and the welefare of the child will come before his needs


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.