A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Consent Order

  • Libra1010
  • Libra1010's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 May 12 #329148 by Libra1010
Topic started by Libra1010
Hi. Hope somebody might know the answer to my problem.

My exhusband and I had an apartment in Turkey which, as part of the divorce settlement, I agreed to sign over to him for a small percentage of the sale price (less any legal costs).

I have signed it all over and he has sold it to an agency in Turkey. They have paid him in instalments of varying amounts over the last 9 months. I believe (although he lies to me about it constantly) that there is still £2000 owing on the agreed price.

2 weeks ago I requested a majority of my share of the money to be paid by last Friday. I had been advised at the time of signing the Consent Order that I should get my percentage whenever he received payments but this he has never done.

He has neither acknowledged my communication nor paid the money into my account.

Is my only option to take it to Court? And would I be able to claim the costs as he is in breach of the Order?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
08 May 12 #329154 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Much depends on the exact wording of the order, if in doubt you should ask a family law solicitor if enforcement would be successful, if they agree then yes you can ask he pays your costs.

Often it helps if you send a recorded delivery letter stating that if he does not reply in say 14 days you will enforce the order in court and seek costs.

  • Libra1010
  • Libra1010's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 May 12 #329177 by Libra1010
Reply from Libra1010
Thank you. I think a recorded letter sounds a very good idea.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.