A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Deed of Trust

  • Marshy_
  • Marshy_'s Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 May 12 #333472 by Marshy_
Reply from Marshy_
Hi Paraclete.

A lot of what you describe is often what happens to the FMH in most cases. The mother usually has the lions share of the equity as she is essentially the PWC.

I know its tough that you feel that you have been hoodwinked into purchasing this property. But even if you had kept the money that you had set aside in your savings, this would be subject to a marital asset split and would need to be split between you and yr wife in anycase. So you have not lost anything. The kids need to be housed and I am sure you would want them in the house you purchased with stable roots rather than in the private rental sector.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.