A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Taking diaries and personal papers

  • Sparkling
  • Sparkling's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
15 Jun 12 #336985 by Sparkling
Topic started by Sparkling
Hi - I am the respondent in my divorce (unfortunately). While I was away my husband broke into a lock up where some of my personal diaries and papers were. I had written my feelings about him and other personal info in there. He has not used this info in the petitition but has not, despite two requests, returned my items to my solicitor. I am assuming, because he got hold of them without consent he cannot use any information contained within but my question is... what can be done to get them back? I feel like they are being withheld to make me feel uncomfortable and as a veiled threat. They are old so I cannot remember what I wrote!!
Many thanks.

  • epitome title
  • epitome title's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Jun 12 #336992 by epitome title
Reply from epitome title
Hi Sparkling

Welcome to Wiki, but sorry you find yourself here.

I am sure you are right that information gained by stealing, copying etc is not admissable in court

As far as getting it back is concerned, i think the only thing you can do is what you are doing and keep requesting it back via your solicitors, the only other option is to report it to the police as he broke into your garage but do you have proof?

Difficult one, but at least you know he can''t use it.

Kind regards

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.