A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

court bailiff to serve or not to serve

  • Lori321
  • Lori321's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Jul 12 #342498 by Lori321
Topic started by Lori321
Husband has received the divorce petition and states that he left paper work with solicitor to deal with. As he said he would concent I said no need to go to solicitor but......
It has been 2 1/2 weeks now and the court has not receievd his acknowlegment. he states that his solicitor did say he was busy so it could take a few weeks for him to deal with it.
Does this sound right as i would of thought a solicitor would send the acknowledment back straight away as it is requested to be returned 7 days from posting.
If it is not returned will the ''case'' remain open indefinately or do I need to serve within a certain amount of time.
As this will cost me I am reluctant to jump the gun if the solicitor is going to return it at some point.

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Jul 12 #342501 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
It is not unusual for it to take a month or more to return the D10, especially when a solicitor is involved. IT might take a week for your ex to get an initial meeting, then another week to review the forms, then another week of letters going back and forth. I would until at least a month has passed before going for a process server.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.