A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Failure to make full disclosure on Form E

  • ShiningTor
  • ShiningTor's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
16 Jul 12 #343333 by ShiningTor
Topic started by ShiningTor
Hi all

I am the Applicant in proceedings for Ancillary Relief.

I have just received a copy of my stbx''s form E. It was filled in using an out of date Form, was unsigned and undated, made no reference to our joint bank accounts, and there were no supporting documents such as bank statements, payslips etc attached.

What should I do next? She is trying to take a lot of monay from me, and this is just the latest in a long line of tricks she has tried to pull. My sol talked a few weeks ago about obtaining a court order with a penal notice attached if she failed to submit the Form E. Can anyone tell me how that works? How do you go about getting one, what costs are involved for both of us and would it be appropriate here?

Many thanks for any advice.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Jul 12 #343347 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
YOu (or a solicitor on your behalf) will need to prepare a questionnaire asking for the missing information. The first hearing is to identify the issues and the judge will "direct" which questions should be answered to assist the court in making a decision at future hearings and sets a timetable.

Ultimately should your wife still not provide the information the judge can attach a penal notice to an order for disclosure. A penal notice provides for an offending party to be committed to prison. The costs depend on whether or not there are extra hearings.

However, not complying with court procedures and orders is litigation misconduct which may be penalised by the offending party being ordered to pay the other sides costs. So the offender usually complies eventually and aren''t sent to prison unless they are being exceptionally difficult.

Hope that helps.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.