A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Maintenance payments / renting a property

  • Sparkling
  • Sparkling's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
17 Jul 12 #343705 by Sparkling
Topic started by Sparkling
Hi - any advice much appreciated..
I am in a difficult situation. I was studying full time for a degree (and temporarily away from home) when my husband''s solicitor sent me a Petition for divorce and I returned to find he had left with half the furniture etc. Fast forward to now.. I am living in temporary / holiday let accommodation and trying to find work which is proving very difficult.
Having tried to negotiate payments from my husband for 3 months and with no income I am now going down the maintenance pending suit application form A.
My question is... I really need to find a longer term rent (even 6 months would be better than what I am in)and will the maintenance payments satisfy a landlord if I have not managed to get income by then?
Hope to hear - many thanks.

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Jul 12 #343709 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
You would have to ask the landlord. It''s up to them.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.