A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

I have proof Divorce petition has been received

  • mousetrap
  • mousetrap's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
02 Aug 12 #346967 by mousetrap
Topic started by mousetrap
Hi Team,

I have proof divorce petition has been received by my wife, because we live in the same house and they (The Divorce petition) is sat in a prominent position, she has in fact read them as she challenged on a statement that we have not slept in the same bed for 8 years, when she claims she slept in bed with me for 4 hours about 2 years ago hmmm.

I have already filled in a D89 (papers to be served by court bailiff) but she has read the application form and said she will not answer the door).

I have heard I can fill in court affidavit to say they have been delivered to the house (as I live there with her)

Many thanks


  • Bunnygirl
  • Bunnygirl's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
02 Aug 12 #347040 by Bunnygirl
Reply from Bunnygirl
My ex who wanted to divorce wouldn''t return any paperwork . In the end my solicitor applied to the court for deemed service giving evidence of the three addresses where petitions had been sent, and using the signed evidence of the registered delivery.I also enclosed a letter from his landlord confirming he was a tenant. I seem to remember that i also signed an affidavit to say that everything in the application was true.

Good luck. Remember there is light at the end of the tunnel.

  • mousetrap
  • mousetrap's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
20 Nov 12 #367197 by mousetrap
Reply from mousetrap
Sent evidence proving that she the STBX had received the papers and the same time of submitting the evidence I filled in and swore in affidavit for the unreasonable behavior at the court.

about 4 weeks ago the Court sent a letter saying it is the judge has stated the Petition is deemed served, what happens now, do I wait for the Decree Nisi, I wonder how long it takes.

Many thanks


  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Nov 12 #367323 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
You need to complete a special procedure application to apply for the decree Nisi.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.