A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • slowlysinking
  • slowlysinking's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 Aug 12 #347143 by slowlysinking
Topic started by slowlysinking
I split from my husband eighteen months ago after 26yrs of marriage.I live in the marital home with my two children.I work part-time and find it difficult to make ends meet. At the time of the split to present my husband has paid nothing. Both my children have now left school and pursueing careers. We are at present having to go to court to sort out finances. Im hoping for either a lump sum or permenant spousal maintenance. Anyone been in simular situation?? and what was the outcome??

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
03 Aug 12 #347145 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
You will need to post more details if you want someone to help you.

Post details of your ages incomes asets etc.

Why do you only work part time?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.