A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • taffy73
  • taffy73's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
15 Sep 12 #356090 by taffy73
Topic started by taffy73
Bit of background info:-
Got married in 2003. Separated in May 2007. 3 kids (13,11 & 8)
Sold house and cleared debts when we separated.

After being separated for 5 years I have decided that now is the time to divorce. I have approached my ex about this and she''s fine with it ( not surprising seeing as she''s living with someone else!)

Neither of us have any savings and we don''t want to go after each other for pensions etc.

The kids are sorted between us.

I am thinking of getting the forms and filling them in between us then submitting them to the court .
is it as straight forward as it seems?
We don''t really have the money to pay a solicitor to sort things out... But with it being amicable is it worth it?

I want to sort it out ASAP as I hit 40 next year and would like to be able to move on before then.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
15 Sep 12 #356098 by dukey
Reply from dukey
It can be done without a solicitor but you will have to do some homework and ask a fair few questions, the forms make little sense and a fair few need completing, but yes it is doable.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.