A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar Posted by
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
04 Oct 12 #359370 by WYSPECIAL
Topic started by WYSPECIAL

looking to see what I can do about re-mortgaging. Does the house have to be in my sole name land registry wise in order for me to be able to take out a mortgage on it in my sole name?

Seeing how much I can potentially raise in order to buy ex out either completely or at least in part.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Oct 12 #359394 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
The answer is Yes. Where a property is in joint ownership both joint owners must concur in a mortgage.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.