A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

living seperated in fmh-how to split finances

  • liberateddad
  • liberateddad's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
15 Oct 12 #361033 by liberateddad
Topic started by liberateddad
Hi.wonder if anyone here is living long term with stbx and kids because of very poor financial situation on both fronts(see my other post for details).having looked into financial costs I cannot afford to rent and live in a place where I can have room to house my kids( I have a short term offer to house sit elsewhere but I have realised that would be just that a short term solution with longer lasting impact).my stbx is adamant she doesnt want to sell the FMH so I feel my only choice is to stay in the FMH. I could convert the loft space to a sleeping space( currently on the couch 5 months in)...does anyone have a similar situation? How do u split finances?
At the moment both our earnings go into a joint account but I think it would be clearer to change this.at the moment I pay all bills etc petrol food child costs

  • Enuff Already
  • Enuff Already's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
15 Oct 12 #361048 by Enuff Already
Reply from Enuff Already
Give one good reason why your stbx would want this set up to change. You are the work horse at the moment providing at will. She doesn''t want you but your money is good enough. Separate the finances mate and pay your quota as per CSA. You are not a ''couple'' anymore. Might change her thinking a bit towards what kind of future there is for the two of you. Cake and eat it springs to mind.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.