A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • lizwarden
  • lizwarden's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
16 Oct 12 #361369 by lizwarden
Topic started by lizwarden
I am going to file for divorce as my husband committed adultery and now has a child with the woman. We have been together for 8 and a half years, living together for 7 in his house, married for 3 years.I have no idea what i am doing, i earn half of what he earns so didn''t pay as much into the house as he did whilst i was living there. We started to try and sort things out ourselves but he is "kicking his heels" with the payment and terms we agreed on. I''m basically looking for a little advice on what i would be entitled to and how to go about things if anyone can help? Thanks

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Oct 12 #361391 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
Do you have children together?

As you were married doest matter who paid more etc, you will be considered equal.

The assest split will be done on ''need''

You would have to post more details of your ages, income, assets including any pensions and liabilities before anyone could attempt to suggest what might happen.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.