A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-8pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-8pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

New Child Arrangement Orders

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar Topic Author
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
6 years 1 month ago #430513 by rubytuesday
New Child Arrangement Orders was created by rubytuesday
As from Tuesday 22nd April 2014, there will be a number of significant changes to be aware of. This is intended only as a bullet point guide for the time being – once we have full information, we will be providing you with a comprehensive guide.

Child Arrangements Orders

What is a Child Arrangement Order?

A CAO will state:

(a) with whom the child concerned is to live, and

(b) when the child is to live with any person.

(c)the party with whom the child visits or otherwise has contact

There will no longer (after April 22nd) be Contact Orders or Residence Orders in private law.

What happens to existing Contact or Residence Orders?

If you have such an order, after 22 April these will be deemed to be child arrangements orders in respect of either: (a) with whom and when a child is to spend with or otherwise have contact with a person (old contact orders); or (b) with whom and when a child is to live with a person (old residence orders).

What will happen to my current application for a Contact or Residence Order?

Your application will now be deemed an application for a COA (you don''t need to do anything).

I want to apply for a Child Arrangements Order – what do I do?

First of all, familiarise yourself with the Child Arrangements Programme flowchart

Note that you, as applicant must attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM) – attendance is now compulsory for applicants – proposed respondents will be notified and encouraged to attend. Legal aid is still available for family mediation .

If there is no resolution from mediation (non-court dispute resolution), then complete your C100 . Note that the C100 form has now changed, and now incorporates the FM1 form, which must be signed and completed by a mediator. You are also advised to attach a parenting plan to your C100 . You must make sure your paperwork is in order, otherwise the case will not be issued by the Court.

Your case will then be allocated by the new Gatekeeping team.

Attachment PD_12B_CAP-fa43857c0e9d1b792cb4cf7c40d6ea52.pdf not found


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11