A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Decree Nisi

  • Hellosarah123
  • Hellosarah123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
2 months 1 week ago #514159 by Hellosarah123
Decree Nisi was created by Hellosarah123

I've just divorced online on the gov website with my husband(ex). Once that's done please could anyone tell me if there is a next step or we have to do anything? And is the decree nisi issued from the courts/judge?
Kind Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #514171 by hadenoughnow
Replied by hadenoughnow on topic Decree Nisi
Filling in the online petition is just step one.

Next step is for the Respondent to complete the acknowledgement of service, then you need to apply for the Decree Nisi.

The petitioner can apply for Decree Absolute six weeks and one day after the Decree Nisi. The Respondent can apply after a further 3 months.

It is a good idea to get the financial settlement sorted out before Decree Absolute. You can get a legally binding financial settlement once you have a Decree Nisi in place.

Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by hadenoughnow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11