A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Tootly
  • Tootly's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Mar 12 #319006 by Tootly
Topic started by Tootly
My husband left for a holiday to his native country (Egypt) he never returned leaving me 11.5 wks pregnant. We spoke a couple of times on the phone before he stated he wasn''t coming back at which point he shut his sim off and I''ve had no contact since. My daughter is now 3 and it''s taken the last two years to get a letter from the Foriegn & Common Wealth office to state that they are unable to trace my wedding certificate, I''m now able to use this in court and have just received the paperwork from the court. It transpired days after he left that he''d taken all his personal paperwork so I have no details of his old address etc. I really now want closure and need some advice on the quickest way to get divorced and what I put in the paperwork as I will submit the application under desertion. Can anyone help?

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Mar 12 #319027 by Fiona

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.