A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

New to the forum

  • help123
  • help123's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Aug 12 #351693 by help123
Topic started by help123
Hello everyone,

I have posted a few questions on this site, just to try and gain some sort of clarification of my situation.

I am thinking of self representing due to my financial situation.

Could anyone please help me with regards to what steps I will have to take, in order to represent myself. I feel I now have to force my ex husband hand, as he will not produce or disclose any financial paperwork.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

  • Stumpylad70
  • Stumpylad70's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Aug 12 #351694 by Stumpylad70
Reply from Stumpylad70
Welcome Help123.

Sorry you have to be here with us. Though I wish you luck, you have a long hard road ahead.

All the best


  • help123
  • help123's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Aug 12 #351698 by help123
Reply from help123

Thank you for responding, i have been separated for 4 years and have reached my decree of nici, but unfortuately without any financial settlement due to not having a solicitor (not able to afford a solicitor) not entitled to legal aid as im a full time mature student.

I am thinking of representing myself, but this all feels like a mind field to me and i really dont know where to start.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.