A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

wat is legal help

  • grafter
  • grafter's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
13 Jul 12 #343052 by grafter
Topic started by grafter
I have recived a letter today from wife sol.

It says my half of the costs are to be paid to her sol to go back to lsa.
My ex was getting legal help..will she have any money to pay back.ie cost of divorce.and the solicitor costs will she ever have to pay them.final question I was asked to pay 200,for divorce,and 300,towards sol fees,problem is I and the court dont know wat fees are we were not told

  • wmorris2
  • wmorris2's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
14 Jul 12 #343064 by wmorris2
Reply from wmorris2
People usually pay a set amount per month when they have Legal Aid. It''s not your concern what she has to pay back she''s ran that debt up herself you don#t be liable.

ASk for a breakdown - if they can''t produce one don''t pay

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.