A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Listener
  • Listener's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
15 May 12 #330773 by Listener
Topic started by Listener
My ex to whom I''m still married (but moving towards a divorce) hasn''t paid child maintenance for the 3 years we have been separated. He is saying that he has paid the mortgage in lieu of this. Is that a valid argument?

  • Lostboy67
  • Lostboy67's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
15 May 12 #330776 by Lostboy67
Reply from Lostboy67
It would rather depend on how much the mortgage is but it is a reasonable point of view. Could you afford to pay the mortgage on your own ?


  • Listener
  • Listener's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
15 May 12 #330784 by Listener
Reply from Listener
Thank you for replying to my first post. All a bit of a first for me:( you''ve hit the nail on the head. No I can''t afford to take it on. The mortgage is in both our names and he wants to be free of it. I won''t get a mortgage on my own though.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.