A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Amend Maintenance Due to Financial Change.

  • horleyman
  • horleyman's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Jul 12 #344252 by horleyman
Reply from horleyman

I have now opened the door for negotiation with my ex wife through her solicitor. Hopefully it wont come to a court application.
If it does then I believe my application is reasonable. My grounds for mediation are that she is now in a stronger financial position than me and I am starting to compile a form E just incase.
My ex is 52 and can retire at 60 when she claims her work pension and my pension via the sharing order. Thats in 8 years time. I pay her £300 per month as per the Consent Order. Her inheritance amounts to 19 years worth of maintenance payments!Surely this must give her enough for maintenance needs untill her retirement and beyond.
I am a civil servant so have a pay freeze and an increase in my current pension contributions.
I am hoping that our negotiations will be successful and there be no need for court hearings. Will update.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Jul 12 #344278 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Well done and good luck!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.