A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Thought it was over, now not sure, help needed.

  • Charabanc
  • Charabanc's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Aug 12 #352398 by Charabanc
Topic started by Charabanc
We have been paying CM as per the consent for the last 11 years with no problem.
The child finished school last year after GCSE''s and was supposed to go to the local sixth form college in September 2011, however the grades were not good enough for any college in our area so a 2 day a week course for 12 weeks in IT was arranged. This course was completed by Christmas 2011 and the child has done nothing since, apart from 4 weeks work at local Beefeater at Easter. The child was 17 in July and had made no effort for either a job or more education.
Now, it has been said that GCSE''s will be re sat at a different school,(sixth form)i in the first year, and then A levels the following year (2 years total).

My question is this, the Consent Order says this. . . . . . . .
"until the child finishes full time secondary education or reaches the age of 17, whichever the latter."

So do we have to continue to pay?

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Aug 12 #352409 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
If the child is still taking GCSE''s then yes I would say you have to continue to pay.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.