A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Extending child maintenance to university

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Sep 12 #357250 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona

Is anybody able to give advice on whether my ex wife is able to apply for a new order, to be paid to her (not my daughter), for my eldest daughter''s university education, or is it my daughter alone who can apply as she is now nearly 19?

As someone above said strictly speaking an application to extend an order should be made before it ceases to have any effect although in practice I have known judges use their discretion and extend an order that has recently terminated. However if that happens you can ask for the payments to be made directly to your daughter.

  • Bluesauce
  • Bluesauce's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
21 Sep 12 #357253 by Bluesauce
Reply from Bluesauce
I already am.

Payments in excess of what the order required!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.