A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Extra curricular school trips

  • autumn9
  • autumn9's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
10 Oct 12 #360125 by autumn9
Topic started by autumn9
Dear Wikipeeps; As always would be grateful to hear suggestions/comments.

Ex currently pays 20% child maintenance through a defined Consent Order. Both our children have residential school trip coming up which obviously they would like to attend. This is in the realms of £300 of which I just cannot afford. Obviously I will write to my ex to ask for a contribution towards the trips. Any suggestions on phrases/points to include?


  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Oct 12 #360126 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
Personally I would make it simply and direct and definately dont include '' guilt tripping'' such as ''the children will miss out if you dont contribute''

If he wont contribute inform school of the issue, they will come to an arrangement such as smaller payments over longer period or even a contribution from a hardship fund.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.