A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Pension Sharing

  • dominoo
  • dominoo's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
19 May 12 #331551 by dominoo
Topic started by dominoo
There is a pension sharing order on my ex''s pension in my favour but his solicitor is saying that I need to pay up front fees to instigate. My pension advisor has said he will deal with it and indicated he will request that the fee is deducted from the transfer value. Is this possible as I would like to think my pension advisor is correct.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
19 May 12 #331555 by dukey
Reply from dukey
It depends, what does the order say?, if the order does not say who pays the sharing cost you could go back to court for Directions, usually the judge orders half each, some schemes allow the cost to be deducted others don`t, even if they do i`m not sure its wise, but if you don`t have the money heyho.

The IFA is more likely to know than the solicitor, its a simple case of asking the trustee if it can happen.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.