A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

hm forces pension

  • scott711
  • scott711's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 May 12 #332517 by scott711
Topic started by scott711
I have received my Absolute with a life insurance in place.I would like to know if my ex has any claim to my terminal grant(pension lump sum) because at the moment she is trying to freeze it so i cant spend it.i have took an undertaking to not spend half of it.any answers please,i have served 22 years ,I no she will have some of my pension.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
24 May 12 #332567 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Welcome to wikivorce Scott. Presumably although you have the Absolute, you do not have a financial settlement.
The lump sum will be part of the marital pot. How that pot is divided will depend on a range of factors including length of marriage, incomes, children etc. It is probably a good idea not to spend it on anything non essential. If you are seen to have dissipated marital assets, they can be factored in to the pot as if they still exist.


  • scott711
  • scott711's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 May 12 #332644 by scott711
Reply from scott711
thankyou for your quick response,i was married for 16 years out of the 22 year career in the army.i have 3 girls 9,13,17.
the ex is on benefits with a boyfriend and another child.i pay maintenance.alot at the moment.i am to be married soon ,we have been together for 2 years and i have 2 stepsons which i support.do the courts take in consideration debts in my name which occuered during the marriage?also can they freeze the whole lump sum?many thx

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.