A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

cost of housing children

  • puffafish
  • puffafish's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
27 Jan 08 #12086 by puffafish
Topic started by puffafish
Hi All.
I have just read some legal advice which states "the spouse who is looking after the children can try to obtain a capital split more favourable than 50-50 to cover the cost of housing children..." What arguement is there for this?
What do they mean by the cost of housing children?


  • Monitor441
  • Monitor441's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Jan 08 #12092 by Monitor441
Reply from Monitor441
What it means is that the parent with care (PWC) needs a house that will be large enough for them and the children where as the non resident parent (NRP) will only need a house large enough for themselves.

For the PWC to be able to afford the larger property, they normally get more of the pot.

Not good news for NRP's


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11