A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

buying another property

  • bluegirl60
  • bluegirl60's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
12 Feb 08 #13679 by bluegirl60
Topic started by bluegirl60
Hi and thanks for the posts we have been married 27 years so you said deposit i put down on new property is joint [ie profit from joint property] so he is going to spend his profit holidays and i want to put towards a new property so he can have his holidays and still claim on the deposit [profit ] i put down on a new property ? CONFUSED

  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Feb 08 #13697 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut
You need to get a Consent Order signed and approved by the court that details your agreement to share the profit from the house.

Then what he does with his share (e.g fritters it away) is his business. You share is safe.

If however you just split the profits by verbal/informal agreement without a consent order then you do face the risk that he could waste his share and then come back to claim some of your assets at a later date.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.