A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Feb 08 #15077 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
In Scotland the matrimonial homes (Family Protection)(Scotland) Act 1981 the spouse who has no legal title to the property, has rights of occupation and the property can't be sold unless the rights are signed away. See link above. Also there is a link to the 1981 Act on my blog.


  • witch13h
  • witch13h's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
27 Feb 08 #15179 by witch13h
Reply from witch13h
Thankyou your links are great. i am trying to stay in our home....and am not giving in to a bully and control freak who has manipulated my trust ....
i am going to start my own buisness in an outbuilding which i have already started building ...with my money.....Because as i understand it it is all about having the income to buy him out .....PROBABLY BACK FIRE......
But i have to try and salvage my dignite and pride ....and home.....I am not going to be brow beating to defeat after this amount of time ......HE DOESNT EVEN WANT HOUSE...OR LIVE WHERE WE LIVE....

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.