A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

am i entitled to half the house valu

  • claudia
  • claudia's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
15 Feb 08 #14043 by claudia
Topic started by claudia
i am currently going through a divorce after 7yrs together 5yrs of them married ,we have a 4 year old son also.i moved in with my husband a year after he bought a property for£44,000 what with borrowing on top over the years mortgage stands at £60,000 the house is now worth £200,000+ but my husband and father in law are now saying that he owns half the property with my ex, but my ex always assured me his father was only guarantor.the mortgage was going solely out my husbands bank every month which i contributed towards, am i only entitled to a percentage of my husbands share? they are saying ill be lucky to get £30,000.becaus my father in law is claiming his apparant share.but my soon to be ex husband always swore that gis father was only guarator he was led to beleive. does any one know as my current solicitor seems to be sisding with them

  • unic
  • unic's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
15 Feb 08 #14045 by unic
Reply from unic
whose names are on the deeds of the house?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.