A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Charge back

  • kimarie63
  • kimarie63's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
07 Mar 08 #16100 by kimarie63
Topic started by kimarie63

Any advise would be great. I divorced 8 years ago and my x was awarded a % from my house purchased after selling the MH to rehouse myself and the 2 children. He has paid no maintenance for the children in all that time. He continues to work the least he can to keep below the CSA assessments and works cash in hand to bring home the money. He enjoys cars and foreign holidays several times a year whereas the children and i have only been away once with the help of my current partner whom I am marrying shortly. I tried to pay off the charge back a year ago but he would not settle on a price so i didnt take it any further. Now, as i am remarrying i am due to pay him off and I have had 2 valuations of the property. He has replied to these to my solicitor with a load of lies and dismissed the valuations and rubbish saying his investigations have put the property at £50K more (even looking at house sale prices one down the road exactly thse same as mine sold for the same amount as the valuations by the estate agents. I am honest loathed to pay him this money on the grounds that he has not paid maintenance for his 2 children and has watched me work a full time job and an evening job just to make ends meet when he has been swanning off on holdiays abroad and driving around in nice cars which he changes frequently. He has even had a jaccuzzi put in his back garden. The CSA have been absolutely rubbish - as usual! Now i am at a loss of what to do. I would say let him take me to court and hopefully he would be ordered to pay my costs as i really cant afford to. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
07 Mar 08 #16105 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Hello Kim

There is a simple answer if he wont accept the estate agents valuations you can ask the court to appiont a valuer costs around 3-400 pounds i think, he cannot dispute that valuation.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.