A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

rental income from 2nd home

  • cutting_loose
  • cutting_loose's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 Apr 12 #325356 by cutting_loose
Topic started by cutting_loose
my ex receives all the rent money for our second home by renting it out without discussing with me. Does anyone know the legal process for me to get my portion of the rent?

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
21 Apr 12 #325449 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Yes, you need to get a Consent Order or a court order to resolve the finances of your marriage. In the long run it''s not a good idea to have a house with the ex, it will just lead to major hassle in the future. So it would make sense for one of you to buy out the other, or for it to be sold and the proceeds split.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.