A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Marital home

  • Ianmar
  • Ianmar's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
17 Jun 12 #337197 by Ianmar
Topic started by Ianmar
My husband had an affair and I was forced to move out of our jointly owned home.

He is trying to move his mistress into it and I was wondering what I can do to stop this.

I contribute fully to all bills including mortgage and moved out only on the 12th May this year

  • epitome title
  • epitome title's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Jun 12 #337200 by epitome title
Reply from epitome title
Welcome Macgers

I am not sure that you can stop him moving his mistress in with him (do you have children)? But I am sure you will get further advice from other wiki peeps

I did think however that it is the person who is living at the property should pay the bills so not sure if you have to contribute towards them and related living costs

Kind regards :)

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Jun 12 #337207 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
If you have only been gone just over a month you could move back in yourself, if you can bear it. He could still move his new woman in with both of you, though.

If you have moved out and have to support yourself elsewhere you should stop paying his bills. Only contribute to the mortgage if you will end up defaulting without it.

Best wishes,

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.