A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

my house, my name

  • mya
  • mya's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
23 Jul 12 #344932 by mya
Reply from mya
Oh, it''s such a mess! There looks like there is equity in the property but I owe the equity that is there to my parents, it was their house that I bought 7 years ago and I bought it for 30k less than the valuation, with the market as it is I would be lucky to make an extra 30k to pay them back after fees etc. Also with them being my parents I don''t think I signed anything to legally register their interest so it possibly looks like it''s a gift.

There''s a second property I forgot about (it''s a shell with an overgrown garden) abroad it''s worth way less than what I paid for it/what it has cost me. This was bought before the relationship started too.

I don''t want him to be entitled to 1% of my house never mind any more. He''s had my name taken off our tenancy today and is trying to keep my £500 and my furniture, once they process it I won''t even be allowed in. I get left with 7k of credit card debts and the risk of losing my house.

What would happen if we just became estranged and applied to dissolve the marriage in the very distant future?

Thank you all for your advice, I''m just going to look at the Consent Order thingy now

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.