A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Is this an option?

  • stressed1
  • stressed1's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
24 Jul 12 #344959 by stressed1
Topic started by stressed1
I have an order which stipulates the following:

AND UPON it being recorded that it is the wife''s hope that she will be able to raise alump sum to be paid to the husband and to secure his release from the mortgage on xxxxx (property address) and that thereafter the property will be transferred into her sole name.

If the lump sum amount is not indicated and I offer a fair lump sum according to the current value of the property, could this be my means of keeping a roof over my head for my children and I?


  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
24 Jul 12 #344961 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Seems odd that no figure or % is mentioned. Is a specific date mentioned and what will happen if you can''t pay a lump sum?

The idea of these orders IS to keep a roof over the kids heads so I wouldn''t worry about that.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.