A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Is he entitled to equity in my house?

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Aug 12 #347603 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
He''s talking rubbish. No solicitor would ever tell him that. Even without the debts he would not get 50%. He''s just lying, plain and simple.

The B94-1 is registration of home rights, basically it prevents you from selling or remortgaging until the finances of your marriage have been sorted. It sounds scary when you receive it but in effect all it does is stop you disposing of assets without his permission. So if/when you do receive it, don''t worry.

You cannot force him to move out since it is a marital home, he has a right to live there. The best thing to do is simply file for divorce using unreasonable behaviour and push ahead with this ASAP.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.